I am so excited to be nominated for a Liebster Award by Colleen at Flee Fly Flown! I absolutely love the concept of the award and am honored that someone thought of me. Apparently “Liebster” means beloved/dearest and is an award for up and coming bloggers with under 200 followers, given by fellow bloggers; basically a way to pay it forward! Since I’ve never won anything except a high school art competition, I am super thrilled!
Here are the rules for accepting a Liebster Award:
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you asked
- Create 11 questions to ask the 11 people you nominate
- Nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers and let them know they’ve been nominated!
So here it goes!
My 11 random facts about myself (and these are VERY random!):
I collect cookbooks. My favorite movie is Gone With The Wind. I have two dogs and a cat. I would rather be hot than cold. I manage a salon. I love antiquing! I have never broken a bone or had stitches (although there are a few times I think I needed stitches….I just didn’t get them.) I am 1/8th Native American. I have never been out of The United States. I have an unhealthy purse obsession (especially if they are Kate Spade!). I’m influenced by Dolly Parton, Tabatha Coffey, Marilyn Monroe, Kelly Cutrone, Bethenny Frankel and my grandparents (just to name a few).
And now for the answers to Flee Fly Flown‘s questions:
1. What’s the best trip you have ever taken? I don’t really have a favorite trip, so far in my young life I haven’t had that many opportunities to travel to anywhere mind blowing. I do however treasure a good 3-4 day “staycation” where I just get to enjoy my husband’s company, explore our very own city, and just relax in my own beautiful home.
2. Do you have a favorite quote? If so, what is it? I have no idea where it came from but I have been saying this longer than I can remember, and my girls at the salon must be sick of hearing it: “Fake It Til You Make It!”. I believe that if you exude confidence that you know what you’re doing (as long as you aren’t hurting anyone!), people will have faith in you, and you will become more successful quicker, than if you had acted unsure of yourself. But never be afraid to ask for help of course!
3. Why did you start a blog? I saw a need for a blog aimed at people with a gluten sensitivity with recipes that are both simple and satisfying.
4. Name three places are on your trip wish list. I would love to go to Ireland, Italy and Hawaii.
5. Mansion, Apartment, Shack or House? Definitely house, I love the warmth and coziness of my own home.
6. What makes your home, home? My husband and my animals. I could live anywhere in the world and as long as I had them with me I would feel at home.
7. What’s your favorite book? “If You Have To Cry Go Outside” by Kelly Cutrone. It is the most honest account of balancing your business and personal life I have ever read. I think Kelly is an amazing person and her imperfectness makes her seem like she could just be one of your girlfriends.
8. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? It varied from week to week, haha! I was a very ambitious little girl and I think I just wanted a career where I would be looked up to and successful.
9. Do you live in the same city where you were born? I was born in a small town in Ohio and moved to Columbus, OH shortly after graduating high school. I plan to stay in “The Big City” indefinitely!
10. What is your favorite flower? Sunflowers! They are so bright and cheery!
11. What is your favorite blog these days? I love Elana’s Pantry, she seems so lovely and her blog definitely influenced me to start my own.
Here are the blogs I’ve nominated to pay it forward:
- Honest Food With Amy
- Homemade Sarcasm
- Pop Insomniacs
- New Old Fashion
- The Glossy
- Living Lady Like
- Fiona At Large
- Daisy Bisley
- Five Fourty Five
- Becoming What I Always Was
- Flee Fly Flown (I know you aren’t supposed to nominate the person who nominated you, but I really like this blog!)
And here are my questions for you:
- What is your favorite movie?
- Why did you start a blog?
- Who has had the biggest influence on your life?
- Would you rather be hot or cold?
- If you could give yourself, 10 years ago, advice what would you say?
- Name one small thing you do for yourself that brightens your day.
- What is one dream you hope to achieve in your lifetime?
- If you could be an animal for a day, what kind of animal would you be?
- Has anyone ever told you that you look like a celebrity, if so, who?
- What do you hope to achieve with your blog?
- Name one bad habit you have.
I’ve had so much fun answering these questions and discovering new blogs! Thanks again Flee Fly Flown!
*After I let about 5 bloggers know I nominated them I realized I had spelled something wrong in all of their comments! Don’t you just HATE when that happens!